We offer expertise across the full spectrum of private client work and assist families and individuals planning for the future. We provide a tailored service that ensures our clients’ interests are managed and protected in line with their wishes for their lifetime and for the benefit of their family and future generations. We often work closely alongside our divorce and family solicitors, particularly when making arrangements for children and separating property in divorce settlements.
Jasper Vincent are often appointed as professional executors and trustees. We also provide probate advice for executors or administrators to make the process of administering the estate as straightforward as possible. Our solicitors frequently act as powers of attorney when individuals are unable to make decisions for themselves due to a mental health condition, old age or an accident.
A growing number of instructions we receive are in contested probate matters which covers complex private trust and estate disputes including hostile litigation, administration actions and trust issues in divorce. All members of our team are committed to dealing with alternative dispute resolution to try to resolve disagreements. Mediation is one method of trying to keep a matter out of court often saving time and money for all involved.
Our work includes:
- Advising on Inheritance Tax and the preparation of a tax efficient Will
- Preparation of Deeds of Variation to minimise future Inheritance Tax liability on beneficiaries’ estates
- Trust creation and administration for individuals and families including in divorce proceedings.
- Appointing legal guardians to look after children in the event of death
- Obtaining Grants of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Realising the assets and assessing the liabilities of a deceased’s Estate
- Resolving disputes between Beneficiaries and representing parties in contested proceedings
- Preparation of lasting powers of attorney, advance directives and matters relating to the Court of Protection.
- Handling of sensitive family issues.